Thirty Seconds to Mars Nails
30 Seconds to Mars has always been one of my favourite rock bands. Today’s design is a tribute to their new single “Up in the Air“.
How I made this
- First, apply a base coat to protect your nails and smooth ridges.
- Second, apply three coats of Sally Hansen: Complete Salon Manicure — 410 Lavender Cloud to the middle finger and thumb.
- Then, apply two coats of No7: Stay Perfect — 300 Stand Back to the index and ring fingers. I wouldn’t say it perfectly matches the colour pallet of the album cover, but I didn’t have anything more suitable than this.
- Next, apply two coats of any black nail varnish. I used Rimmel: I Love Lasting Finish — 080 Black Cab on the pinky.
- Now it’s time to let everything dry completely.
- Use nail stripping tape to recreate “Up in the Air” logo. Very carefully apply two coats of any white nail polish on the ring finger (I used Barbara Daly — Snow) and two coats of the blue lacquer on the thumb.
- Finally, apply any black craquelure varnish on the middle finger that will symbolize zebra stripes. I used Collection 2000: Nail Smash — 1 Black Smash.
- Let your nails dry before you apply the top coat because you don’t want to smudge the entire design.
“Up in the Air” single cover belongs to marsiscoming.com.