Glitter Jelly Sandwich: First Tryout
Glitter Jelly Sandwich technique dulls the glitter to create a more subtle and delicate look. In other words, your manicure will be glossy and shiny, but not too sparkling.
This is my first tryout of the glitter sandwich technique. I can’t say that this attempt was successful, but not a disaster either. Anyways, we always need something to start from. A good thing about this mani is that I managed to achieve the effect of depth, which means that some glitter sparkle more, and some glitter “sank” deeper into the nail.
Next time I will probably use larger glitter, and it won’t necessarily be glitter nail varnish. Sometimes ordinary decorative glitter is easier to apply accurately and it’s much cheaper as well.
How I made this
- Apply one coat of Barbara Daly — Sweetie.
- Next, apply one coat of glitter nail polish, I used the one from Primark Beauty — fine purple, blue and silver glitter. Unfortunately, this nail polish dries very slowly. However what would you expect for this price (2£ for 4 bottles)?
- Then, apply your sheer nail polish again. Let it dry.
- Apply some more glitter again.
- Finish your manicure with one more layer of sheer nail varnish and a top coat to smooth your nails from glitter.